apparently its my sciatic nerve

thats the numb and pain ive been having on my left side threw my hip and leg has anyone else had this ? apparently its part of whythey want me on bedrest i honestly never heard of it til now lol im only 11 weeks how is a nerve being irrited already ??

iloveyall2008

Asked by iloveyall2008 at 2:59 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yah i have it too.... its numb and everything too.... im not on bed rest though
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• yeah i have it too....no bed rest for it though. I find that odd that they made you go on bed rest; as it is a chronic condition that can either go away or stay for good after pregnancy....
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 3:08 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i dont know lol i just kno wdr said bedrest 2 weeks lol til my appointment oct 21st lol its nuts .. lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:10 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• well it's possible that they are making sure that it isn't something else, and just in case, little movement until your appointment...
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 3:15 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• lol idk i just know from like my spine and side of my leg it all hurts and is like numb unless i move and only my left side lol it sucks i have to lay on my right side constantly
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• if it's that bad, honestly, it seriously could be something else; as mine is annoying but not to the point I can only lay on one side.... so you just take it easy and rest ;)
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 3:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• no they said that those are symptoms of it that it gets so bad onsome women that they have to do pyhsical theropy
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:31 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I have it now, but my dr didnt say bed rest. He just said the baby can be sitting wrong on the nerve. I dont know if its true...but i know it hurts and im not on bed rest!
    firztimemom

Answer by firztimemom at 11:11 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i had a pain that sounds the same when i was only like 3 weeks i started haven really bad pains and the docs told me it was streching then as i got further along they said my baby was layin on a nerve well my daughter is 13 months now and i still have the pain almost everyday i have been to like 5 or 6 docs and none of they know why i am havent this pain i decided that i would just live with it and hope that it does not affect me from haven kids in the future i hope they can help with you good luck
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 9, 2008