Online classes....HELP

Anyone have info on Kaplin or AIU online schooling and how the whole financial aid with these work???

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 10:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• I attended Baker College Online courses. I had no trouble with financial aid. Everything was handled thru their financial aid offices.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I should add that when you apply for your financial aid sometimes you have to forward the information you received to the financial aid department of the college attending. Unless you specified the college when you applied for the financial aid. But I really had no problem. Baker College Online had everything spelled out and it was easy. Good Luck.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• you will find the best luck by going to your local community college ;) good luck also you can look up the schools you would like to go to online.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:15 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• As long as they are accredited schools, and you qualify, then you can get financial aid through them. But a lot of community and state colleges offer online degrees now and most of them are half the price of online schools.

Even though online schools are accredited, a lot of businesses don't see a degree from an online school and one from a state college as being on the same level. I'm sure time will change that- but if you can go to school for half the price at a community college, plus get a degree that companies will accept and do it all online- why not do it?
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:29 AM on Aug. 24, 2010