How long after a miscarriage is consider the right time to wait before TTC? adult content

We just miscarried today at about 5:20 pm so I don't know. We do want to have another one and the doc at the hospital said our test seems completely normal except for slight hormone levels being off but all in all okay to try when we felt was right?

HopefulMom2B08

Asked by HopefulMom2B08 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• After my first miscarriage at 6w, we tried again right away and I never had a period in between. After my second miscarriage at 12w (and two successful pregnancies and 6 years), we actually weren't trying at all but got pregnant about 4 months later. The second was harder for me to recover from, physically, mentally and emotionally. Only you will know when you are ready to try again. Good luck and I'm sorry for your loss.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I think whenever you feel it's the right time, go ahead and try again. I think usually they said you should wait several weeks... but I know some people try again right away and get pregnant.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• So sorry. Sometimes they say 3 mo. Twice I got pregnant right after a miscarriage - my 2nd and 3rd sons.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• They said because of my 3 day bleeding that it was mostly all nature cared for and that if after my period came back i wanted to try I could. they estimated between 1 month and 1/2 and 3 months based on how I felt. But I was wondering personally how long did the emotional healing take for you and your husband.child's father, etc.
    HopefulMom2B08

Comment by HopefulMom2B08 (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'm so sorry for your loss,If it were me I would wait a little while to heal and then see how I feel,Whatever choice you chose to make I wish you and your family the best of luck.
    AmberDawn1989

Answer by AmberDawn1989 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• it all depends on you and your SO. For us we tried right away, then after the next one we waited, and the final one was actually Baby C however we were blessed with twin boys (thankfully we didn't lose them too!)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:22 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I had my first mc about 3 weeks ago and I was told by my Dr and nurse to wait to have one normal period first before trying again. I should get aunt flow about in 2 or 4 weeks. So after that me and my husband can start trying again but we may wait until the new year to start again.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 24, 2010