can pregnant women get their tongues pierced?

MrsKDonovan

Asked by MrsKDonovan at 10:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't do it. You will bleed more and the pain will be greater. If you did get an infection, the meds and treatment could hurt the fetus. Healing time might also be longer. Also, if you get a return of morning sickness, you'll be barfing into the piercing and irritating it.

Too many potential annoyances. I'd wait.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I had a cousin who had his tongue pierced and I remember that he had to clean and rinse his mouth every time after he ate or drank anything but water.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• They absolutely should not. I've had my tongue pierced, and it would be horrible to do that while pregnant. For one, you're risking infection, which can harm the baby. Secondly, when you get your tongue pierced, you almost always come close to passing out. I was so light-headed that they had to make me sniff those smelling salts to keep me conscious. Lastly, you cannot eat for a couple of days. You can, but really painful for the first few days. You need to eat when you're pregnant.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Any reputable piercer won't touch you while you're pregnant.  Its best just to wait until after you have the baby to get piercings or tattoos done

onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 11:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It is not wise to get any kind of piercing when you are pregnant. There is more of a risk of complications due to increased bleeding and infections. I would wait until the baby is born.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• thank u all
    MrsKDonovan

Comment by MrsKDonovan (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If you ended up having to have a c-section, most doctors would make you remove the piercing. I would definitely hold off until you aren't pregnant.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 11:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• NO
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:26 AM on Aug. 24, 2010