How should i dress for an unoffical interview?

I have been looking for a job for months. I was calling through the phone book to see if childcare centers were hiring. I called one and talked to the owner who told me that it was interesting I had called because she was just mentioning possibly needing someone. She said this has happened to her3 times before and 2 of those 3 people were a perfect fit for the job. She wont for sure if she is going to hire until next week but she is 90 perecent sure. She seemed impressed over the phone and said beacuse of what I said and the timing of my call she wanted to meet with me tomorrow. Its not an interview per se but I am going to meet her, see the center and give her my resume and transcripts and see if I would be the right fit. I dont know If i should dress casual or professional. Advice please

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• The same as you would for an actual interview. First impressions count.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:07 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Dress one stage better then you would for the job you are interviewing for. So I would wear dress slacks and a nice top, but nothing over the top.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Always dress ready for work. Dress as if it were an official interview. Good LUCK!!
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 11:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i agree... dress as you would for the interview.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I agree with lovinangels.. as an HR Director (of a private k-12 special ed school) , I'm letting you know that first impressions are everything!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 11:10 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• The interview starts on the phone. You've made it through that part, and I congratulate you for that! Definitely treat it as an interview and dress accordingly. GL
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Dress as if this is a regular interview.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Sounds like an formal interview to me - dress conservative business, even for a child care position.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• agreed - dress like you would for a regular interview.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 4:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Dress up and good luck <3
    song888

Answer by song888 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010