A Fun way to tell your SO what the gender is by mail?

My guy is at basic training for army and I will find out the gender before he graduates and Im trying to think of a cute/fun way to send him a letter or card or something telling him what we are having. Im really not a creative person, so if anyone has a suggestion Id love to hear it. Also I could send a small package but keep in mind there isnt alot of space available to him.

Shani527

Asked by Shani527 at 11:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i would send a sonogram pic with a set of dog tags saying the gender, and proposed name! We were lucky, I lived on post right after basic, and while he was in AIT, so when he got back he made it to the ultrasound, but now we have 3 more (5 total ) this one due in Jan. and we find out thursday!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Send him one of those greetings cards that says congratulations on the little boy or girl. I sent my MIL balloons to he work that said its' a girl. You can't send the blow up balloon, but you can purchase the myler have them not air it up, fold it up and send it to him. Send him cigars that say its a boy/girl.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 11:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i'm the more simplistic kinda person. lol. i would simply send an envelope with nothing but a pink or blue index card. nothing written on it.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 11:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Send him a card that says ...It's a... on the front cover... then inside put the gender with a bunch of pink or blue confetti. When he opens the card the confetti will fall out and surprise him.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• or baby dog tags
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• ooOOoo or with the name we picked out written on it? Like the name tags they do at the hspital when baby is born? I also really love the deflated myler balloon idea too!
    Shani527

Comment by Shani527 (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• gotta say, i love the dogtags idea.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:19 AM on Aug. 24, 2010