What exactly is Zumba?

I keep seeing people on CM and on my facebook talking about Zumba...I know it's like some kind of exceress/dance kinda thing but what exactly do you do?

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• its like spanish dancing.. its supposed to get your heart rate up and basically be like a cardio work out.
    i tried it a couple of times and hated it, but lots of people like it.
    im more of a sweat my ass off on the elliptical or cardio kick boxing kind of work out person... zumba is IMO for people who dont like to work out, and need to pretend there doing something fun in order to do it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:22 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• IMO Zumba is for people who like to work out and move to the beat of music. It's for people who like to vary their workout regimen rather than sticking to the machines and free weights. I love to work out and I love Zumba! It is an aerobic work out. You're constantly moving. The hardest part is getting the moves down and remembering to keep your core tight. Don't just try it once. Give it a good chance before you decide against. It also goes by other names depending on the gym (Latin Heat, Latin Impact, etc.)
    TJandACsMom

Answer by TJandACsMom at 11:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2010