Question

What would you do if you was over a shift. Everybody is on facebook but somebody that you let work overtime told on you. I know I was not suppose to be on their but that's not the point here.And if u bash I will bash back. I was so mad when I found out I mean he called me at home.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 11:26 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• There is facebook drama at every workplace. Everyone knows they shouldn't be on it at work, but everyone does it. You should tell on people tho, that's pretty lame. How about deleting your work people?
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 11:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• No, he didn't tell from Facebook he call my boss up here. Boy I am mad as hell he better not ever call me about overtime again.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Im a bit confused by how you worded your question.

You were working over time but weren't working .... you were on face book??? Is that the situation?

If so, you were in the wrong. If someone told then you must take the consequences. It really doesn't matter if others were doing it too... that doesn'tchange the fact that you were doing some thing a kin to stealing.  If you were doing something you shouldn't have been doing and got caught... man up.  Take the consequences and learn from your mistake.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• You have no right to be mad.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Bitch did you read my question when i said that wasn't the point hell I man up to mines. But I let him work overtime on my shift.And he did me like that that is the point.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I have every right to be mad. Especially when u do things you shouldn't do but I'm not a snitch.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I did read it but it was very confusing. Perhaps if you worded it more clearly.

What would you do if you was over a shift. Everybody is on facebook but somebody that you let work overtime told on you

Are you saying your shift was over?  or you were on over time?  The way you have worded this makes it very unclear.

You let someone work over time?  Then does that mean you are the manager? 

And simply because "everyone" is doing it, doenst make it right.  Im sure you have an employee handbook, if it allows personal computer time then you should have no problem.  If it does not, then you are wrong no matter what others are doing.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If it would make you feel better you could call your supervisor and explain that "everyone" was doing it too. Then perhaps you could share the guilt with all and your managers could figure out a way to make the company more streamlined and efficient. Perhaps there are too many employees working if there is so much down time.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• No my shift was not over, I allowed him to work overtime. And he just called the boss and told on me when he could of stayed his ass home.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Like you said, you were wrong.... but i would be mad as hell too. People who work together need to work like a team and when he went to your boss instead of you, he messed up the whole team. Watch out for your back - that person might have it out for you personally.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 5:57 AM on Aug. 24, 2010