dose it make u a bad mom

to sleep in the morning while your daughters eating an watching cartoons?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm not saying it makes you a bad mom, but at that age I think they should be supervised while they're eating, if not all the time. They can get into anything, and they could get hurt.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i dont think its bad if there in there high chair?
    redivy

Answer by redivy at 11:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I think it takes more than that to make somebody a bad mom, however, it does raise a concern for safety. What if the mother falls into too deep of a sleep and her daughter chokes or gets hurt? I don't think that the mother would ever be able to forgive herself.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I suppose we all need a break once and a while.
    If you do that daily I would REALLY question why you were so unable to get up and function in the morning.... perhaps going to bed earlier is a better idea then having her start her day all alone.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My 4yo old keeps my up at night and drives me nuts trying to get her to go to bed and then she gets up at the crack of dawn and I'll get up and get a bottle for my 7 month old at lik 7:30 and I'll get my 4yo something to eat and drink and she'll watch cartoons in her room and play til I get up at like 9:30-10. She knows not to get into stuff.
    I dont think it makes you a bad mom BUT just makes sure she doesnt mess with stuff or get into anything that could hurt her.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Umm..tough one..no it doesn't make you a bad mom..but you really need to be close by and awake if you're the only one there when she's eating..what if age were to get choked?...if dh or someone is there then by all means sleep. I'm a sahm and love being able to eat breakfast with my "cookie" as she calls herself. Try going to bed earlier or something, so that you can be up with your little one in the morning...or bite your lip and get up when she gets up
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• yeah i agree it dosent make u a bad mom but sleeping early might be better..
    redivy

Answer by redivy at 11:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I think there are worse things to do...
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I always worried about the "what ifs" with things like this. What if she chokes, what if someone tried to break in, what if she decided to explore the chemicals under the sink (or where ever), etc. I don't know if it would make you a "bad" mom, but how would you feel if she were hurt badly while you were sleeping?

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:12 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• it really depends on the details.. Personally i dont like the eating, its a bit unsafe.. and a child having free roam of the kitchen/house isnt good..
    But usually in the morning to wake up my dd will climb onto the couch with me & she gets 30min of cartoons -- which most is while I am "napping" .. but she is in my arms (shes almost 4) so i know she is safe & not getting into any trouble.. Once the cartoon is over we head to the kitchen for breakfast together..

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:40 AM on Aug. 24, 2010