So how do I stop my 3 year old from piling everything not nailed down into my 15month olds crib, while he's in it?

Nap time, bed time, playtime, whatever the case may be, my 3 year old will take his blanket, sheets, toys, books, pillow and pile it on top of my little toddler. How do I get him to stop.

TJandACsMom

Asked by TJandACsMom at 11:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have no idea, except what I did. I simply took everything out with my daughter from my sons crib and told her he didnt need all that. I had to do this a couple of times for her to "get the picture" Then I started to let her give him his blanket and stuffed animal for naps and night-night. Made her feel important. One time I found her in the crib with him just so you know...what a cutey!
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yeah! He climbs in there too. I've done that once, had him take everything out. I'll try and do that everytime he does it. Repitition. Thanks.
    TJandACsMom

Comment by TJandACsMom (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• how about getting a crib tent
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 12:37 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• try to explain to him that your baby can't breath if you put stuff on top of him, or it can hurt him. say "do you want people to hurt you when your sleeping?" it might scare him a little, but maybe it will work?
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 1:42 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Well good luck on that one. Mine does it too but the baby thinks it's funny!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 12:03 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• while the baby is in the crib, close the door and tell the 3 yr old hes not allowed in there. keep an eye on him and do some activities on him. just try to keep him out of there is all you can do
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My 3year old is pretty clever. He would figure out how to dismantle the crib tent or throw things on top of it. It would be a new game for him. As far as closing the door and keeping hime out of there, they share the same room, have the same naptime and bedtime. Thank you all for the great advice.
    TJandACsMom

Comment by TJandACsMom (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2010