Abdominal pain with a UTI?

I have been experiencing some abdominal pain for the last week or so. Yesterday and today it has been a little more uncomfortable to the point of hurting if I bend over and sometimes just walk. On a scale of 1-10, the pain is about a 5 or 6. I did one of those symptom checkers online and it came to the conclusion that I may have a UTI. When it asked if I am urinating more than usual I clicked yes because I thought (yeah, I have kind of noticed that, but I'm not sure) - same thing with when it asked me if I have a constant sensation to urinate. The latter isn't really bothering me though, only sometimes I feel like that. I had a UTI once about 6 years ago and I do not remember this kind of abdominal pain at all, I only remember the burning while urinating and needing to go all the time. I just wondered if anyone else experienced abdominal pain on the left side about and inch above the hip bone and a little in, w/ a UTI.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Health

• It could definitely be a UTI, and yes, I've experienced it, however most of the pain was in my back. It was a kidney infection and got really bad without me expecting it. I actually started having blood in my pee. I recommend getting to the doctor ASAP. It could actually be all sorts of things, but regardless, pain like that is not normal. Hope you feel better soon!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would go in and get checked. It could be something other than a UTI. Start drinking cranberry juice and take the cranberry pills. That will help if it is a UTI. I hope you feel better soon.
    jojolicious220

Answer by jojolicious220 at 1:05 AM on Aug. 24, 2010