can eating less bread make me lose weight?

I always thought bread was good for you, but lately I've been hearing that less bread = weight loss. I understand that white bread has little to no nutritional value. But I thought that whole wheat bread has to have some nutrition in it that can help maintain a healthy weight. Thoughts?

gnovinger

Asked by gnovinger at 11:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• false. depends on the kind of bread. now white bread had no nutritional value. all the nutrients have been bleached out of it. whole wheat on the other hand is very good for you. it is loaded with fiber to help cleanse your body of impurities. whole wheat =potential weight loss. white = weight gain
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I guess it just depends on how much bread you currently eat....
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• White Bread is bad. In your body it breaks down into a sugar. So look at eating white bread as eating a small candy bar or something..
    Whole Wheat Bread is better because it has fiber. which keeps you fuller longer. and helps you in the bathroom lol..

So by cutting out all WHITE bread out of your diet, yes you will lose weight. Carbs are bad!
    This goes for any buns (hotdog/hamburger) or any pasta.. always use whole wheat/ multigrain as much as possible! :-)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• White is terrible but if you cut down on some bread, even the whole grain kind you can lose some weight because ALL bread breaks down to sugar. This is why diabetics enemy is bread. Anything high carb=fat. Ths includes potatoes and peas and corn. THey aren't true vegetables, they are carbs. True vegetables are like okra, spinach, squash.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:07 AM on Aug. 24, 2010