Church on Wednesday....

Would you ever attend a church for the first time on wednesday?

We want to go to a church but never manage on Sundays! So I told DH we should try to go on a Wednesday instead & he said no that it would be weird.
Is Wed. services more for the "usual" attendants or something? What is different about Wednesday services than Sunday?

(Ive only been to church a few times in my life -- always on sunday)

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 12:12 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• most churches that i have been to the wednesday service is more of a laid back bible study type thing. but i know that at my church we would welcome you no matter what day you came. most churches feel the same way. it doesnt matter when you go but why you go
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• no
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I know that some protestant churches do a Wednesday prayer service, but I have to admit I don't know much about them. Catholics can go every day to mass - although they're obligated on Sunday. I think it's a good idea to find a church that fits you, so try a service and see what you think. I know with some churches I've seen these Wednesday services tend to be more charismatic and prayer related than the rituals of a Sunday service, but I guess that would depend on the denomination you're looking for :)
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• We would be going to a baptist church...
    Maybe my hubby doesnt want to go since there would not be many people & eyes would be on us.. **Look gang! Theres the new kids! Lets get em'!**...
    We would much rather blend in with a crowd & just enjoy services!
    MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• simple smileIt varies church to church but Wed night tends to be shorter service and less people there. Growing up my dad was a deacon, youth minister and Sunday school teacher and my mom was a Sunday school teacher and I practically LIVED at the church lol. Seriously we were there twice on Sundays, Sunday school, Wed night, Sat night Bible study and the youth were always at our house. Any day that you can go to church is a good day!

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:24 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I sometimes go to mass on weekdays.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:28 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Every church is different, but the one thing they should have in common is that they will be happy to welcome you to their fellowship any day. Wednesdays at our church, they do Bible study instead of services. Maybe Wednesdays will be more laid back than Sundays and that would give you and your family a chance to mingle and meet people.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:28 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Wednesday nights have always been more bible study oriented at all the churches i've ever attended...not really preaching persay. And mid-week services are rarely as busy as sunday services. I'm sure wherever ever you go, you will be more than welcome!!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 12:30 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• At a really good church there is no blending in lol. But like a pp stated it doesn't matter when you go by why. :) I don't know about most churches but our wednesday service is just like our sunday service :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:32 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• There's nothing different on Wednesday in my experience. I've always attended Baptist churches. I always liked Wednesday night to go the first time better, there were less people and the preacher skipped the whole "sunday morning conversion" sermon. lol. Plus you get to know some of the regulars and see what the church is really all about.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 2:00 AM on Aug. 24, 2010