weening my 1 year old son

My son just turned one and its time to take him off of his bottle. I'm not excatly sure how to begin but I don't want hime drinking from one forever. Any advice moms)

starlit_kissez

Asked by starlit_kissez at 12:44 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just threw my sons bottles away and got sippie cups with the silicone top so that its similar to a bottle nipple but they drink from it like a regular sippie cup and then once he was use to it he didnt care if it was hard top or silicone as long as he had his cup lol
    MrsV.

Answer by MrsV. at 12:49 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i'm still using the bottle at 14 months - is it really that bad of a thing?? He drinks water from the sippy cup, but his milk is just easier in the bottle - I can measure the 6 oz for 4 bottles. Maybe I'm just crazy???
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 8:04 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I started my son on straw cups at 8 months, 11 months i started putting small bits of whole milk in them. When he hit a year, i threw the bottles away when the formula ran out. I never out milk or anything else for that matter in his bottle. He knew that milk came from the cup. He has never missed or asked for the bottle or formula. Hes almost 14 months. AMW529-My doctor and dentist both wanted the bottle gone at 12 months to prevent tooth decay. They also dont recommend sippise as they have the same sucking action needed as bottles and can rot teeth as well, so they recommended a straw :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:13 AM on Aug. 24, 2010