Kids in college......

Are any of you mothers sending your children to college for the freshmen year? If so, what college?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I'm sending a daughter off to college in Connecticut. I've already had 3 in college, but for some reason I've been an emotional mess over this one going.
    cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 1:05 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Not just yet ... my son is starting his senior year in high school this and we already have lots of college visits planned. I can't believe it!!!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• No, but my son (my baby) will be returning for his sophomore year in a few weeks. He attends UC Santa Cruz in Santa Cruz, CA ~
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:53 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I did this three time, thinking after the first two the third would be a breeze, boy was I wrong!!!! they all stayed in state but very miles away and it has been the hardest thing I ever did as a parent. Your relationship will change dramatically but most of the time for the best.

Answer by older at 6:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I've got a son in his 4th year at college 7 hrs away at Western Carolina University. He also got married this summer and they are living in married student housing.
    I have a son that went to the local community college for his Law enforcement certification and is now looking for a job as he finished in May.

Otherwise, I have one in her Soph./JR. yr in HS and one going into 8th grade.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:28 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• not yet dd only 6
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 6:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Both of mine will be in college this year! YIKERS!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 4:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My 18yo (youngest son of 4) is starting his 1st year of college. Because I can't answer anon I'd rather not say what college he's attending, just like I wouldn't have said which elem. school or high school he was attending. He's attending a school in another state but it's close enough (under 2 hours away) that we can make all of his football games which is nice.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:30 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• no sorry
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:39 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My son left home last week for his freshman year at MIT............

Getting used to him being so far away (We live in Oregon).. But he has his own life journey to lead now.... He's always me with though, always. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2010