Do you think I should get her tested? adult content

My daughter is 5 years old, has really bad asthma, was a premie, born @ 34 wks. She's constantly thristy, and always hungery, going to the bathroom frequently. She's started to wet the bed. We thought we were giving her too much before bed time, and even cutting her off at a certain time. Didn't work, still bed wetting.
She'e even began to sleeping later, and just plain lay around the house, not her normal active self. Even very irritable through out the day.

Yes, diabetes do run in our family. On my side (mother), her great grandmother(grandfathers mother) died from comlication of diabetes, I beleive she had type 1. Her grand mother has diabetes, not sure what type. Grandmother's mother also has diabetes. Once again don't know the type.

Her father's side great grandmother (grandmother'a mother) had diabetes. Type 1.
How would I go about get her doctor to run a GTT?

SummerMeadowMom

Asked by SummerMeadowMom at 12:52 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Health

• Just take her to her pediatrician. Diabetes is a big thing in our family too, thank God my kids, husband and myself don't have it but I hate to say it sounds textbook that your dd has it. Just take her to the dr because she may be in need of insulin and could black out. GL
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:55 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Thanks, when looking it up, it sound textbook too. But, I also wanted other peoples opinion.
    SummerMeadowMom

Comment by SummerMeadowMom (original poster) at 12:58 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Of course you should. Just call her pedi and explain the symptoms, saying you have a family history and want to get her tested.

If you don't, you could run into a real problem if she eats too much sugar and her insulin levels get thrown off.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:00 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yes, please take her to get tested. Are you close to a Children's Hospital? They would likely just draw blood work for a diagnosis. Call your Dr in the AM. GL~

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:06 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yes, I would have a complete workup done. These symptoms aren't normal and the sooner she's diagnosed the better. Good luck!

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:10 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Definitely! Remember, no one knows your child like you do. Sometimes you have to be rather forceful with Dr's when you feel something needs to be done.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:15 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Absolutely!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:19 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• OHH LORD YES 3 OF MY GRANDBABY`S HAS ASTHMA .

LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 2:18 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• So I talked to my doctor, and he said it was growth pruts and because of the weather. However, i beleive theirs more going on. What do you think?
    SummerMeadowMom

Comment by SummerMeadowMom (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2010