My daughter and contacts... need opinions/advice

Okay, yes she is responsible... My question is, do you think its wrong if I go ahead and let my daughter get hazel contacts, because she wants to look like my husband who is her step-father... she was writing him on yahoo and she told him she wanted to look more like his daughter.... to me its very special, because its a way of showing me that she fully and truely accepted him. However, is this too much?

Andrea~

handsfullxs_4

Asked by handsfullxs_4 at 1:11 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• As long as you think she is responsible enough for them I think it would be fine however I believe that is a decision only you would know the answer too. If you are ok with it who cares what others think, right?
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:17 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• awe, I think that's such a sweet reason to want them! I'd do it.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:18 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I don't see a problem with it. She must think the eyecolor looks very good. Its no different than buying a certain color of lip gloss or nail polish. Contacts aren't permanent fixtures of the eyes. Its mot lie a tattoo lol
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:19 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Thank you all so much! I know she will take care of them and they look really natural on her.. they are hazel green... my husband has hazel eyes and mostly everyone thinks she is his daughter anyways... its 145 for a year supply for the color.. I was just really amazed by the whole issue... its been a very hard with the kids my husband etc... and finally knowing that 3 out of 4 love him so much, means the worls to me... my oldest is 16 and well shes been through a lot... so I know it will take time. Sorry I went off topic, but I'm feeling chatty =)
    handsfullxs_4

Comment by handsfullxs_4 (original poster) at 1:26 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I agree if you think it is a good idea and it is something she wants then go for it. Kids are pretty smart and they know what they want. I also think it is great that she feels so comfortable with her step father and it shows great maturity. Good Luck and Great Job!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:38 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I personally would discuss this with the eye doctor first...some of those colored contacts aren't as good as other variations of the clear. (like some don't let the eye breathe as well)

It's been a long time since I got contacts, but I do remember there being issues with that.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 3:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I picked up her trial ones today... those ae clear, they are Optifit colorblends? kow anything about those?
    handsfullxs_4

Comment by handsfullxs_4 (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• aww thats sweet
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:35 AM on Aug. 25, 2010