i much weight do you suppose to gain if you already over 200 lbs during pregnancy

mzzvee

Asked by mzzvee at 1:18 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• usually like 5-15. Make sure you are eating healthy and exercising everyday.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:20 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• not sure
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:22 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• IMO, you may gain as much as anyone safely. I was lucky, I only gained 5 1/2 pounds - from 256 1/2 to 262 - during my pregnancy. My doctor watched me closely to make sure the baby was growing properly. After I had my son and lost all of the water I was retaining, my weight went down to 232. I attributed the loss to the fact that I ate healthy during the duration of my pregnancy, which was good for both of us. Good luck!!
    Evan2007

Answer by Evan2007 at 1:49 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• im not too sure....... But I do know you should drink PLENTY of water and not just water. add occasional gatorade or powerade to just drinking water to make sure u add electrolytes .... dont drink sodas, or any sweet drinks... and try to eat a salad or an apple a day.
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 2:08 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I was 190 when I got pregnant and I am only 5'1" so I was technically obese. I gained 40 lbs and lost it all right away, because most of what I gained was water. Please try not to worry too much about weight gain - everyone is different and there is NO one right answer to your question!! Eat good nutritious food - don't focus on weight, focus on getting all your food groups every day and plenty of water. You will do great!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:25 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Your Dr can tell you. With my first baby I lost 20 lbs throughout the pregnancy, with my second and third I just maintained my weight. Just eat healthily and the weight will take care of itself.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:42 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Some plus sized women either gain up to 15lbs some more and others lose weight! I guess it just depends how bad your morning sickness gets and how you eat during your pregnancy.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:38 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• just eat as healthy as possible, and try not to worry about the numbers :-)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010