I was just wondering what are the most important things I will need for my newborn..

I'm not due for another 6 weeks but my dr says he could be here as early as next week ahh.. I already have his crib; car seat, baby bath tub, soaps and shampoos, diapers/wips and couple of clothes,

ShandaLisa

Asked by ShandaLisa at 1:20 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• bottles if your goin gto bottle fed, passy
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:21 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• If you're breastfeeding.. a pillow and lansinoh. And a sling. Otherwise? Honestly, you're set. Newborns don't need too much, and typically new parents have more clothes than the baby can wear before they're outgrown.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:23 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• blankets.... diaper bag... nail clippers... they scratch their faces alot! I used socks to cover my kids hands since their nails grew so fast... that way they didnt scratch their little faces or eyes! Congrats!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 1:24 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• a diaper bag, bottles if ff and some bottles and breast pump if bf. A paci or 2 is usually supplied by the hospital but don't count on it. Plenty of blankets (mostly receiving ones for swaddling) and a change or 2 of bedsheets. Nursing bras if bf. A RECTAL thermometer for baby. That too is sometimes supplied by the hospital.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:26 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• yes i have bottles but I am planning on breastfeeding I have the pillow also ... and yes its true i have alot of newborn and 0-3 months clothes .. i do have blanks, nail clippers & lil mittens, bedsheets, thermometer bout 3 of them ... thanks everyone ")
    ShandaLisa

Comment by ShandaLisa (original poster) at 1:30 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• you pretty much have all you need. i would get a few passy's and if you plan to breastfeed, (whitch i recommend ) then you will need some breast pads cause you will leak ALOT!! lol but you can also cut maxi pads in half, that would work too. you will need diapers and wipes. because you will not want to leave the house for a few weeks, atleast not with the baby. onesies and recieving blankets along with some heavier blankets. and not to forget, SLEEP!!! you need to sleep as much as you can cause your days of sleepin are about to come to an end! lol much love to your and your family and good luck!!
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 1:31 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• thermometer, infant tylenol, nail clippers, diaper rash cream, Dreft laundry detergent. Also, one of my favorite items (maybe cause I'm a little paranoid) was one of those little mirrors you place on the back of the car, facing the baby, so you can see them through your rear view. I had one that played music and had lights on it that I could turn on by remote from my seat. It was honestly a life saver sometimes in the car.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 1:32 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I suggest using All detergent free and clear of dyes and fragrance, Dreft isn't free and clear and cost a lot more. When I used Dreft with my first baby he had a lot of skin irritation. Our whole family uses All free and clear. It saves on laundry loads too. Baby clothes don't have to washed seperately this way.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:42 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Sounds like your off to a good start! once the baby comes you will be able to shop and get an idea of other things you might want to pick up, but your as preparred as you need to be
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:43 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• If your baby comes so soon, consider picking up a few preemie outfits. Leave the tags on in case you don't use them.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:44 AM on Aug. 24, 2010