how can i cure my pcos

arish

Asked by arish at 1:46 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• you can't. there is no cure. there are some very effective treatments, though. I have pcos and have a beautiful baby girl. Talk to your ob/gyn about treatment options like metformin.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:49 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I agree with rhianna. Also, changes in diet and exercise may help. I also have it and Metformin has helped a lot with some of my symptoms.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:54 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i am on glucophage its not reglutating my periods and i am not ovulating as well now i am back on the pill to regulate my cycle
    arish

Comment by arish (original poster) at 1:58 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I agree with the changes in diet and exersize. My SIL has PCOS. They've been trying for 5 years. And just recently when she changed her diet and exersize things really started looking up with the fertility. Now we're all just keeping our fingers crossed. I hope everything works out.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 2:17 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• yes metformin is the key for womens with pcos cause i have it myself an i have started back on metformin it will help me concieve.
    sexylady35

Answer by sexylady35 at 10:50 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Metphormin works for women who have insulin resistance as a result of PCOS. It's not actually a fertility drug but has been very effective in helping many women ovulate normally.

That being said...I would HIGHLY recommend you look into taking Vitex. It is a natural herb that is VERY inexpensive (somewhere around 3 or 4 dollars a bottle) that has been HUGELY SUCESSFUL in women with PCOS. Many women have tried multiple fertility drugs without any sucess and then went on a vitex regimen that led them to normal cycles and pregnancy.

Fertility Blend (www.fertilityblend.com) is another natural herb blend that has been CLINICALLY PROVEN by doctors and specialist to work. Many women with PCOS have had great sucess with it. It is significantly more expensive than just plain vitex but WELL worth the money in my opinion.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I also want to recommend that you read everything you can get your hands on about PCOS. Really get to know and understand your syndrome so that you can have the most sucess with treating it.

Also do massive quantities of research on Vitex to know how it can best help you.

I would also recommend that you chart so that when you DO ovulate you don't miss it.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2010