You ladies really think ignoring their bad actions will make them behave better??

But what if their bad actions are really bad? like hitting people?? or throwing things at people?? You can't ignore that kinda stuff can you?!

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 2:00 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No. you only ignore the child when they are whining or doing something else for attention but hitting and things like that warrants timeout.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:07 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• never ignore the throwing and the hitting...that is what time outs are for...but do ignore the tantrums at the store because they don't get what they want...
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:16 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Never ignore anything where they could end up hurting others or themselves. Pick your battles. If my children threw fits in the store, I'd leave my cart and walk out with them in tow. They realized pretty quickly I meant business and if they didn't want to have to go back home they would mind me.
    sarchasmic_1

Answer by sarchasmic_1 at 4:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I will sometimes ignore the minor stuff. I've found with my son that sometimes he's just looking to get a reaction. If he doesn't get one, what fun is it? Yes, this sometimes includes ignoring the minor swats he sometimes takes at me when he's mad but never if he's hitting someone else or hitting me hard or a lot. It's very much a case of choosing your battles.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Tantrums at home are one thing, but always leave a store if they are starting up. its not fair to others, especially if they are whooping it up!! I ignore whining but hitting is unacceptable and throwing is too. Its hard to ignore any behavior really. They should learn that they need to listen to you the first time and not when you are taking something away from them, then they decide to listen. i think not!!
    deniselvt

Answer by deniselvt at 4:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Hitting or throwing something at a person is a great way to get in trouble in my house. When my daughter has been repeatedly told not to hit someone or throw something, and she refuses to listen. She does not get her television shows that day. She LOVES Nick Jr
    victoriamom2007

Answer by victoriamom2007 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• never ignore bad behavior such as throwing, hitting or punching.
    Mom2Giovanna

Answer by Mom2Giovanna at 1:18 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• No, never ignore this kind of behavior, you want him to learn while young, it's unacceptable. Other Mothers will eventually not let their kids play with him if he is always doing this to their kids,(as an example).
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• No, you only ignore the annoying things, not the really bad things.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2010