how many of you were

effected by 9-11, wtc attacts? how were you effected? and how are you getting thru it?

ps, i am sorry for your pain. there is a place in my heart for every single one of you and your family members. much love!!

Preggydyke

Asked by Preggydyke at 2:08 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I didn't live there but I don't know of any Americans that weren't deeply affected by that day. Its like Alan Jackson says it in his song"Where were you when the world stopped turning on that September day?"
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:11 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Only indirectly. My DH worked for a startup company, and the investors pulled out after the stock market took a dive.

We lived in Colorado Springs, home of NAFTA, a couple air force bases, and an army base, so we got to observe a lot of activity going on for months afterwards.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:15 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I wasnt there and I didnt know anyone personally who was there but I know for me watching it happen on tv and the erie silence all over town because so many people stopped everything they were doing to watch and cry affected me greatly. I felt the loss of so many lives it was painful to watch and know there was nothing we could do. I do remember the candles we put out in our yard and the flags that went up around town, seeing people come together to mourn the loss of so many innocent lives and the feeling that life would never feel as safe again.

it is the only time i think i have ever seen everyone of every color bond together over an event like this. Remember how when the ash fell everyone was gray, no white, black, or brown. we were all one and we all greived for/with each other.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:15 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I wasn't personally involved but I suffered a bit of PTSD after it. I couldn't sleep for a whole week for no real reason. Every time I closed my eyes I kept seeing images of people jumping out of burning buildings. It sucked.
    The worst was the lack of air traffic in the days following. We lived just blocks from Midway Airport where my husband worked (he works for Southwest Airlines) and when the planes were grounded it created an eerie silence in the neighborhood. After growing up hearing planes taking off and landing all day long it was very disconcerting to not hear them.
    To this day I would wake up and listen for the planes because I remember waking up on 9/11 and thinking, "it's awfully quiet this morning, I haven't heard a plane at all." Then I found out a few minutes later why it was so quiet (by then the buildings had fallen).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:27 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I wasnt affected by it immediatly after it happened but I was affected when my ex bf was deployed not long after he joined the army to fight in the war that started because of it.! I got through it one day at a time, I am still getting through it slowly because SO is deployed now.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 2:29 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I lost colleagues, as well as some of my teachers from the World Trade Institute. For three days, I had friends that we couldn't locate, it was horrific. At the time I traveled to NYC quite a bit, when I was able to go back (after the no-fly rule was lifted), I cried at LaGuardia when I saw the military personnel. I wasn't the only person standing there in a suit bawling my eyes out - there were many men and women doing the same thing. Immediately afterward, I filed for divorce. It was my wake-up call that life is short and fragile. I don't know that you ever actually get over it, but you learn to deal with it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:16 AM on Aug. 24, 2010