Sleeping problems?

What do you do when you cant sleep? Is there any way you can make yourself tired? I can never sleep before 4 am. I try and end up staring at the ceiling for hours on end.

HisLove18

Asked by HisLove18 at 3:15 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I take Valerian Root. It's all natural(make sure that a bunch of fillers are not added) & not only does it put me into a deep R.E.M. sleep, it also helps reduce anxiety and I wake up feeling well-rested. I wouldn't use anything else. Even my kids take it. Be warned, it stinks so hold your nose or simply do not breathe in when you swallow it. I only need one pill to knock me out(make sure you take it an hour before bedtime. I pay $4.00 for a bottle of Spring Valley at Wal-Mart. Hope it helps. Melatonin doesn't work for me or my kids. It made me feel ill.
    sarchasmic_1

Answer by sarchasmic_1 at 4:35 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Well, for right now, THIS is what I'm doing! LOL! I occasionally have enough trouble sleeping that I get up and mess around on the computer. RIght now it's just too dang hot! I would definitely die young if I didn't sleep before 4 am on a regular basis!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:17 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I get online till I feel like I can finally lay down. Then I lay in bed reading my book and I get tired. I cant go to bed till around 3am. It really sucks.
    sweetsexyness5

Answer by sweetsexyness5 at 3:20 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• try an occasional melatonin supplement
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:53 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• you know i actually went to the doctor for this problem because i really could not fall asleep or stay asleep and i was averaging maybe an hour or two of sleep. she told me to try benadryl (yes the allergy medicine) and by god it works. i fall asleep very quickly and stay asleep a solid 8-9 hours w/o waking up
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:17 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• we are military, so we get free medications, I get ambien or Lunesta!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 24, 2010