Straightners

How often do you straighten you hair? What kind of straightner do you have how much heat damage does it do to you hair?
Mine just broke so I have to get a new one, I straighten mine every day so I need one that will not fry my hair as bad as some of them do/

HisLove18

Asked by HisLove18 at 3:35 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• honestly i paid 120$ for my straightner.. its one of those straightners u see in kiosk in halls of the malls and they always want u to sit down so they can straighten ur hair it actually straightens and curls.. but NOW they are coming out with ones just like that in walmart. u can easily pay 35$ for a very good straightner at walmart make sure its ceramic and less damaging toy our hair. my husband bought me the expensive one and had it a very long itme now and it doesnt break off my hair at all always use heat protecters. honestly i would go to walmart and buy a good one that will last, but dont go out and pay as much as my husband did. although its a very good straightner
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 3:43 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I only buy Chi's, and I straighten it almost daily. I take really good care of my hair though. I use hot oil treatments, leave ins, and I have this yummy peppermint mask as well.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:39 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• CHI is the only one that works on my thick hair. I flat iron every time I wash (every other day) and my hair is healthy without having to use any kind of deep treatments (I wash with an SLS-free shampoo and condition with a light conditioner).
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 3:44 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I bought a Remington 2 1/4 from Target a few years ago. It was $79.99. The plates are ceramic. It works good, but I did a lot of damage to my hair until I found the right products to use. Now when I straighten it out, there's little damage. I use CHI spray or GBH depending. I want to get a CHI one day but I don't flat iron enough to need one.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:54 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think mine is called Nanotech orsomething like that.  It is a $180 titanium one and it works really well.  I straighten my hair every day and I don't have any heat damage.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:07 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i have one fron conair.if you have wet hair it drys it while you straightens it for me. i got it dallas texas
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 7:43 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• CHI's are good, but let me tell ya, as a former manager of a trendy salon, CHI's are returned more than anything else in store. They break far too easy. We had over twenty boxes of damaged CHI's in the backroom waiting to be returned to Farouk, the company that produces CHI's. Also Farouk used to offer lifetime warranties, but only offers one to two now, depending on the iron. What I do recommend is the Paul Mitchell. It's very bit as good, a tad more expensive, but I never had one of them returned to the store.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:33 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I had the CHI, I have had it for about 8 months and now it just wont come on.
    HisLove18

Comment by HisLove18 (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i only straighten in the winter time... Its a futile effort in the summer with the humidity so I just wear my hair curly in the summer
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:57 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Had mine for 2 years. Still in good condition.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2010