Do you have/use formal china?

We received service for 12 plus all the serving pieces as a wedding gift from my parents; they were insistent that we have formal china. We have NEVER used it nor have we even displayed it; it is pretty but definitely not my style. It''s packed away in the basement (tried to sell it years ago but Ebay buyers are only looking for individual pieces since the pattern was discontinued in 1993 and it would cost more in shipping than I would get from Replacements. What about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have my grandma's china and some of my great-grandmother's too. I use some of it about once a year or so and have it displayed in my dining room. The larger set isn't very pretty and the few things of my great-grandmother's are pretty but they mostly have deep sentimental value to me.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:58 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Don't have it, don't want it. One less thing to worry about =)
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:41 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yes, I use mine out of the blue,holidays,when we entertain etc,.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:00 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think I've used mine twice - in 21 years.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 6:30 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My mil gave us her set, (since we live with her, she still gets it too) But it just sits there. We dont use it. In all my 6 years of being around we've never messed with it once. I do use the christmas dishes that I was given, but now Im looking for a full set instead of just four sitting *on the christmas*
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:46 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Have it do not use it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:49 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I only use mine on special occasions since it can't go in the dishwasher.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:56 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I have a set that I bought decades ago before I got married. Very elegant.. platinum trim... has to be hand washed... arrrgh. I used to use them for all my holiday entertaining. But after many years of no one helping me clean those events up...I got tired of washing them.. LOL... My sister broke my sugar bowl... I won't even tell you what that piece costs... so they are in nice padded organizers in the closet.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:44 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I have my grandmother's china. I just got it, so I've yet to use it. Who knows if I will. It's more of a sentimental thing for me. I put it in the china cabinet I got when we moved into this house. (previous tenant didn't want to move dining room furniture, so we bought it from her)
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:53 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I don't. I bought a beautiful stonewear set (Nautica Arctic Whites/Arctic Nights) for everyday, I can dress it up or down depending on the situation. I love it because I'm not adding pieces to two different sets of dishes.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:00 AM on Aug. 24, 2010