More info on is it selfish to have just one child...

I'm currently overseas with Dh, he's military. I can't go to college here because of the expense and the degree I want can not be done online. So, I was wanting to have children here. We have one already, and so far I've found having kids to be very stressful (not sure if it's just my Dd or kids in general). Dh feels the same. I'd like one more, and so would he, but we'd like to wait until Dd is more manageable... like around age 5... but by that time, I will be able to start college again and get my career on track (this has been a lifelong goal). I don't really want to be going through the whole baby thing again in the middle of this. It was hard!
So, we're considering just having one child. I don't want to have another when she's anywhere near 7-10, cuz I think that's too far apart for them to really bond (I know because I have siblings that far apart).
I'm thinking of having another soon, to get it over with quick!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am 6 years older than my sister and am extremely close to her (always have been). My own kids are 7 years apart and they are very close as well. Having kids close together is no guarantee that they'll be close.

As far as school, I went back right before I got pregnant with my 2nd and continued until she was 2. If it's something important to you, you'll find a way to make it work.

It's your life and your personal choice as to what to do. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 4:08 AM on Aug. 24, 2010