Does your life make sense to you?

Seems so many people today are 'lost' and unhappy. I've been through my share of heartache and rough times too - no one is immune - but I use those opportunities to learn and grow. Why are so many people "stuck"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Health

• you'd have to understand their situations, which is hard when we're all strangers, but... like my kids... they don't DO anything, no real interests, just sit around the house or library and read, play video games or watch anime cartoons. Thats it. If they aren't watching them, they are talking about them. Boring. And they don't get on with peers and just stay home. As such I sometimes do feel very trapped by my own children. I can't go do anything without having them along or go have adult time with the DH or have a part-time job. So for the time being...stuck. :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:53 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I believe that people want more than they have, and lack the ability/strength to actually go out there and do it. So many watch tv and see a made-up world where everyone is rich and gorgeous and think that's the life they should have. Instead of aspiring to better their lives, they grow bitter because they aren't like those people. They are waiting for someone/something (like the lottery) to change their lives instead of taking matters into their own hands. I've had some really hard times, most everyone has. The difference is that I choose to use those experiences as a way to grow and better myself.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:58 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• id have to relate to zoeyis.. i became a mom at a very young age and felt bad and selfish about taking time to go to school so i never went and accomplished that. i have no degree no career and i hate working at these dead end job not making enough money to support my family. its ridiculous! child care alone only falls short a few hundred dollars from rent, food, electric, etc etc etc leaves barely enough for things we need let alone for things we'd like to do like ballet, tap, swimming, etc. i love my daughter soooooo much.. and i feel soo bad im in this rut were im lazy sad and miserable.
    DNR

Answer by DNR at 11:20 AM on Aug. 24, 2010