Who wakes the household?

Usually I wake up at 5 am and get everyone else up. DH doesn't wake up with an alarm clock. When he sleeps he's like the dead. DD doesn't have an alarm clock either because she wouldn't take care of it.

Today I just wanted to sleep in. So when I heard it go off I woke Dh and asked him to take care of it. So when I wake up Dh bitches that I made him wake up. (I normally allow them to sleep for a half hour after it goes off). I am so irritated. He has insomnia, but he isn't the only one sleep deprived!

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 6:11 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Ohhhh I dunno, I get up at dawn hours, but I'm quiet (or try to be) as its by only Quiet Time...my ME time.

I guess my kids do. Hearing the kids up, wakes up my DH for work. It goes from 0 to 60 really fast around here. I like lazy mornings myself.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:13 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• The alarm wakes up both dh & I and then I get dd up we get up at 4:30 and dd up at 5:00 so we can all leave by 5:30
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:23 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I do. DH works from 12am to 9am nightly. So Its up to me to make sure my little man gets up. He has an alarm clock, but its too low for him to hear, so I wake him up. Get him ready.... So Im up by 5:45, then I don't go to sleep until after 12am to make sure Hubby wakes up in time for work............ I dont do it for Hubby because I have too. I do it because I want to though. He sleeps like the dead too.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:35 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Everyone here wakes up on their own. Yes, DH does have an alarm clock for work, but we doesn't wake up the rest of us. We sleep until we naturally wake up which is 7:00-7:30 am. That's the beauty of homeschooling, we don't have to be up at a certain time.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 6:57 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• While my husband thinks I'm a witch...come school time (today BTW) I hang up my pointy hat and become.... DRILL SARGENT! I get up at 5:30 so that I can have a cup of coffee in peace and then the chaos ensues. One bathroom, 5 peeps ~ everyone has to stay on schedule to be sure we all get to our destinations on time...it is crazy.... :)
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:12 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I must say that now that the kids are older they all get up on there own and I usually get out of bed around 7:00. My DH leaves the house around 6:30 and sometimes I have to wake him up, usually he gets up on his own.

Now with school starting and 3 different schools with 2 different times I will more then likely be getting up to make sure everyone is where they need to be.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:26 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My hubby leaves for work as the we are just getting up. Sometimes he'll wake daughter up and get her eating breakfast for me. Right now I just woke her up and am laying in bed for a few before I help her with stuff. She gets herself dressed. (She's 9)
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:37 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• When we have school/work through the week, I am the one who gets everyone up and going usually. However, on the weekend, we all leave each other alone and get our rest in!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:42 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I get up morning that I have to work at 1:30 or 2:00 am cause I have to be in on most morning at 4:30-5:00 am. If i don't have to be early then my 2 yrs is the one that is up with the birds. My hubby works 2nd -3rd shift so I want him to be able to sleep in.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• During the school year I'm the first one up because I have to drop the baby at daycare at 6:30 am. This gets me to school early enough so I can center myself before the kids show up. During the summer, it's my husband or the baby or the cat who get us all up :)
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 8:10 AM on Aug. 24, 2010