How do I tell him I want a Divorce?

We have grown apart, I know he has noticed. He will be home soon and I don't know how to tell him. We met and had a daughter real young. I feel like we are going down different paths now. With him being gone I know now what I want and what I don't want in a man. I want to start fresh and meet new people. Be happy again. But Still be friends with him for my daughters sake. I grew up in a divorced house hold and it was really tuff, my parents hated each other. Custody battles and all that. I don't want that for our child. His parents are still together so he doesn't know how it feels to have a divorced houshold in general. I just want a nice and easy divorce, and agree on a custody of my daughter that works for the both of us and be done with it. But how do I go about it? When is the right time? How much does it cost? What do I say?

Macs_Momma21

Asked by Macs_Momma21 at 5:01 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• Just sit him down and talk to him .You can do it yourself go to your local court house it's cheaper like that I did and I got a lot of fees waived.My brother in law is going through a divorce right now he was so unhappy but he is better off with out her she was horrible to him. It's better to be happy in your life than miserable.
    monica277

Answer by monica277 at 6:16 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• its i believe 200 for a divorce here in texas, and just tell him how u feel and try to give as much love to ure daughter as possible because i came from divorced parents too, and its horrible:(
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 5:04 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I agree with the above poster, simply tell him how you feel. If you have trouble telling him you want a divorce because you don't want to hurt him then perhaps you feel more for him than you thought, but I am not you and it's not my relationship you must do what you feel is right.
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 5:08 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Well not only is he my dh but my friend too. We have been together for 5 years, married one. My daughter is three. I would rather be his friend then his wife. That was what I ment by not wanting to hurt his feelings. It will bother me, but with all that we have been through I feel like divorce is my best option. I want us both to be happy, for each other and our child. I just don't want us to hate each other. It makes it ruff for the child. I know from my experiance with divorced parents who until recently hated each other.
    Macs_Momma21

Answer by Macs_Momma21 at 5:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Don't tell him if he is not in a good mood.He won't be so willing to do it peacefully.I'd tell him when the baby is asleep, incase you two get in an arguement.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 7:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2008