processing fee for scholarship?

My husband is in school and he got a letter from someone trying to give him a scholarship but they want him to pay a processing fee of 29.95 does this sound legit?! I don't think so, I've never heard of that ever but have any of you paid for that or heard of it?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 6:53 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• It doesn't sound at all legitimate to me. And I swear I've heard that if they charge you a processing fee, that's a sign that it's a scam.

Have you husband- or you, google the company. Sometimes they use a legit company plus images, but the phone number will be for somewhere else. Use the company phone number that you find on the web and call and ask.

It smells fishy to me though...
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:14 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Honestly, I don't think any legit scholarship is going to charge a processing fee!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:19 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• No, it doesn't sound right. You have to apply to scholarships; they aren't just given to you. He should report it to his university.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• No, I've never heard of that and never been charged a fee for a scholarship. Sounds like a scam to me.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 12:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2010