Have you heard about this???

How awful!!!!

"2nd bore hole reaches 33 trapped in Chile mine"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100824/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_chile_mine_collapse

FeelinYummy

Asked by FeelinYummy at 7:13 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's awful that it happened, but it's great that they're all alive - they weren't expecting to find them alive. Hopefully they can get to them sooner than Christmas, but at least they will be coming out and going home to their families and not to the funeral home.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• The last I heard they were all still alive. @cornflakegirl3 I hope everything is going oky with you DD. I will say a prayer for her and you.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 7:25 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Sadly I have not been watching the news lately. We have had a family emergency with my 8 year old DD and it has taken up all my time over the past 3 weeks.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:20 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I just saw it on the news this morning. Thank Goodness, with fast action they allread have communication with them and send them medical and food/water until able to be rescued.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:29 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• itsmesteph11: "Not surprised that it happened there but last I heard they were still alive, tha'ts a good thing."

Why would you say you are not surpirised that it happened there?  Mining accidents occur more often in the US than they do in Chile.

momentofpeace

Answer by momentofpeace at 8:17 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I was watching on the news, Thankfully they are still alive, hopefully they'll be able to get out soon. I can't imajine how they must feel.
    sheli2007

Answer by sheli2007 at 9:38 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• they are saying on our news it may christmas before they can get them out that is why there getting water, food and oxygen down there. I can't imagine being stuck for any time period and i feel so sorry for all of them. i am hoping they get them out sooner
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Not surprised that it happened there but last I heard they were still alive, tha'ts a good thing.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:10 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• No that sucks.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2010