Cat People Do your cats do this? How to stop it.

I have two cats. My male (Cuddles) is fixed, overweight & very set in his ways. Shey who is just over two years (female, unfixed) and is very sweet loveable....

They normally get along all day long. Sometimes they might hiss at each other, but most times they are cleaning each other, sleeping with each other ect.

At night its a different story. They fight.. Not always, just most. & I know its not play fighting because my fat cat will chase Shey around the house, hissing & growling at her..

How can I stop this????? Without getting rid of either cat. Cuddles is my cat & he was a rescuse cat. Shey belongs to my son, (he loves her to do death & the cat loves him to death also. She'll let him pick her up any way he can... She sleeps with him, After of course shes done fighting with Cuddles) She also is a recuse......

lilmoosesmom

Asked by lilmoosesmom at 7:26 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Pets

• You might want to consider getting Shey fixed.... I have two big fat lazy male cats. They are brothers. They sleep all day so they get along... but very late at night and early in the morning, you can hear them beating the crap out of each other. I find puffs of the longhaired kitty all over the house! ROFL... They don't actually hurt each other but they wrestling around pretty good. Its what kitties do....

The thing is, Cuddles is very set in his ways... Shey is a guest in his house!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:32 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• All I can think about is separating them at night. We put one of our cats in a bathroom at night, she has her food, water, litter box and kitty bed. Our reasons though are because if she wanders at night she is more likely to find somewhere else to pee other than her littler box.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:31 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I'd say get her neutered. Cats do seem to fight, and night time, for some reason, seems to be the time. I've seen this in my mother's home and here also. It is probably fighting to see who is at the top of the pecking order- who is alpha cat.

Answer by Bmat at 7:49 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I have a male and a female cat too. They are best buddies and very lazy all day, but at night it is a different story. At night they roll around, fight, hiss at each other and run around the house like crazy. Each morning I find hair balls from one or both of them. They do not hurt each other. As another poster said it is all about the pecking order and who is the alpha cat. As long as neither cat is getting injured I would not worry about it. Everyone I know that has more than one cat has similar roughhousing going on. Please get your female fixed...it might help some. Also there is no need to get rid of one cat because of this. I have had mine for ove r9 years and would never get rid of one because of this (or any reason really)
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 4:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2010