Cat odor outside of homes.

I buy and rent out property.
Sometimes I will go to look at a house and the odor in the grass and bushes outside is so strong of cats that I cannot consider the home.
Does anyone know how to get rid of this?
I have dogs not cats so I am not sure how to handle this problem.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 7:32 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Pets

• Take moth balls and just before the next rain crush them and sprinkle it in the yard. They will melt into the soil. It will not kill the grass and cats don't like the smell so they will no longer use the yard as a litter box.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:28 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Is there any loose dirt areas in the yard? All the cats that I've had will use flowerbeds and any loose dirt areas as a litter box.
    If there is I would grab a few trash bags and a shovel and clean out what I can in hopes of getting rid of the smell.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:40 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Since vinegar neutralizes the odor, I wonder if putting vinegar (and perhaps water) in a spray bottle and spraying the area would work.

Answer by Bmat at 7:45 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• It would take gallons. I am talking about walking by an area and having the odor knock you over. I wonder if it has something to do with male cats spraying. I am afraid I am cat illiterate.
    tootoobusy

Comment by tootoobusy (original poster) at 7:52 AM on Aug. 24, 2010