The Pill.

I've currently switched from Implanon to OrthoCyclen, and the doctor said to take it at the same time everyday, well I try to do that, but when you have a 1 yr old, and 1,000 things to do , one tends to forget, anyway, my question is, is taking it at different times daily risky? The last thing I am ready for at this time is baby numbero dos! All answers are appreciated! Thanks! :]

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 7:38 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Health

• I take mine around my bedtime, after the kiddos are in bed and everything's calmed down. I picked a time that I knew I'd be less busy, I didn't see a point in trying to fit taking the pill into an already busy day.

the alarm idea works great too
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:09 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yes it does increase your chances of an accidental pregnancy. I used to set my alarm on my phone to go off daily so that when it went off I would take my pill.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 7:42 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• thanks tanya, it's just so hard to stay on schedule, cos i'll find myself doing something then i'll look and see that it's now 1pm, and i was supposed to take the pill at 10!
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 7:44 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• also you want to keep your hormone levels the same in your body. I take mine in the morning with my vitamin and slim fast shake. Once you get yourself in a regular routine that helps.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 7:54 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• yeah, i noticed i spot on and off, seen my gyno, but they don't seem concerned as i just went from one bc to another, so i'm keeping an eye on that aswell.
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 7:55 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I always used to plan mine around a time of day that I did the same thing, never fail. For me, it was 1pm, Days of our Lives, lol. It worked really well until I started working a normal 9 to 5 job.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:39 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• is there a way, i can change the time i take it to the evening instead of the 10:30 time i previously chose? and i've been spotting on and off for almost 2 weeks, i'm about ready to just chuck these pills and get implanon again haha.
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• yep, just start taking it at the different time. use back up birth control like condoms for a few weeks though
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:08 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• thanks ladies! and yes, darkfaery, i will use backup, haha, one is definitely enough right now!
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 7:19 AM on Aug. 25, 2010