Did your child try to say they are sick on the first day of school? Have they done this before? Have you done this before?

I remember those days I dreaded going back to school after summer and I would always say I was sick and couldn't go.

itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 7:57 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in

• Yup, I've heard it several times. Now a days it's just "Do I have to go back, I have rights you know and I choose not to go"
    LMAO! they're getting better and better every year with excuses.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:02 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• We have gone through this with 2 of my kids. My rule is if you don't have a fever or something leaking out of an orifice of your body you have to go and try and you can't call home until lunch time, I figure that if they still fell icky by lunch than maybe they are coming down with a little bug. Most times they get through the day just fine and have a great day!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:21 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• LOL, desesetrose. My answer to "we have rights!" Is not in this house, it's not a democratary it's a Monchary and I'm the Queen!!!!

OK, I am an awlful spellerl and I'm so bad today, the spell check doesn't even know what I mean. I hope you ladies and figure it out!!!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:26 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Mine do, but it doesn't work so well for them when you're homeschooling. They're still home, and unless they've got a fever or are vomiting, they don't get excused from their work. Besides, I was a pro at faking illnesses when I was a kid. I know all the tricks and can see right through my kids' excuses.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:40 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My son was totally excited to get to school on the first day. He has tried to play sick before but I always get the truth out of him by telling him if he cries wolf then how will I know when he really IS sick..
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:29 AM on Aug. 24, 2010