New Job= Me being a single mom :(

My df got layed off yesterday. He also got a new job yesterday. Its doing seismic, he used to do it when we had our 1st dd. He will be in a different state for a period of time (not sure on details yet) and then have a couple days off. The money is wonderful and just what we need right now, but I'm not 100% on board. We have a 2yr old, a 1yr old and I am 38 1/2 weeks preggers with our last. I dont live close to my family or anyone for that matter so I will be a single parent, all by myself, with no help while df is away. I just need some encouragement!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 7:57 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• Here is the best encouragement I can give you...I have a 5, 3, & 1 yr old & left my husband (due to abuse) when my youngest was just 8mths old. I had no job, no car, no money...only the clothes on my back & our personal belongings. If I can do it & survive 9 mths later...by having a home, business, and money you can do it too!!good

KDBeckham

Answer by KDBeckham at 9:43 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• You'll be fine. I bet that once the money starts coming in, you guys will be able to move to where his job is. Good luck!
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 8:01 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• In this economy, it's great that he was able to find another job, and one that pays well, so quickly. You'll be fine. He needs encouragement as much as you do, this is going to be hard on all of you. Once you get into a routine, things will be much easier.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:22 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Glad he got another job so quick. I expect you can handle it if you figured you could handle 3 under 3 anyway. You should be thanking your lucky stars he has a job because of your situation.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:03 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I know it will be difficult, do you have any friends in your area or a mom's group that can help you out when this baby comes? The good thing is to have a job especially in this economy and hopefully you won't have health care issues... I'll be thinking about you and praying for your situation!! Good luck!!
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 8:08 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• You can do it.......women are stronger than they think.......they pull through situations that they never thought they would survive. It will be difficult at first but it will get easier and you'll get "used to it". Just stay strong and take care of yourself and your babies!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:41 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• When I was working outside the home, my husband and I were on different shifts so I only saw him two days out of the week, which meant we were both single parents five days out of the week. It was difficult but it didn't last forever. You'll be OK. In the meanwhile, he could always look for another job that doesn't take him so far from home.

One last thing. What's doing seismic?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:16 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• You can do it!
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Seismic is looking for natural gas.
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• It takes just as much energy from one owns self to look at it as a positive way as it is in a negative way; I think I would choose positive and learn from it.  Choosing the positive will also benefit your children because when they see mom happy they will be happy as well.  It will also make your job easier.  It helps if you are organized to help things run smoothly.   I wish you two lots of luck on some great adventures.   

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2010