Why is it necessary

to be sensitive to others but they get a pass? I hear people saying we have to show we are the better(if Obama hadn't gone out apologizing for months on end they would know we are better)people and kiss their feet and pretend we don't want to hurt their feelings. America is supposed to fall all over themselves to make others love us and forget that in the past they have ignored us, lied to us or killed our people all for spite and would do it again and again given half a chance. All this while we have people who could use much attention right here.
Why can't we just take care of us?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:20 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I guess because if we did just take care of ourselves we would no longer be the world's superpower. I agree with you on it being frustrating and sometimes just wish we could shut out the entire world and worry about our own, but if we lost the power we have in the world, it could be detrimental.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:23 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• The United States never does anything out of the kindness of her heart. There is ALWAYS something in it for her. If we were so sensitive we wouldn't be the superpower. Take a look how America became into existence, we stole the land from the Native Americans. Murdered them, stole their children to integrate them into the settlers lives...and on and on. Just how sensitive is that? We are still that same America today, we just wear a friendly mask while we occupy and destroy other countries.

I could go on and talk about slavery, the racist bigots living here.  But hey what do I know maybe they are sensitive racist bigots.

momentofpeace

Answer by momentofpeace at 8:32 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• keep your enemies close
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 8:49 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• The United States never does anything out of the kindness of her heart. There is ALWAYS something in it for her.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Ditto.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:57 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• if obama as the leader of our country does not speak for your personal opinion, why would you assume that leaders of other countries share brains with the entire citizenship of theirs?

why do people insist that everyone from a particular country, race, or religion are all the same? this is so ignorant. i'm not even much like the rest of the people i share blood with for pete's sake...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:13 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• fig, you make no sense at all.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• America is supposed to fall all over themselves to make others love us Says who? and forget that in the past they have ignored us, lied to us or killed our people all for spite and would do it again and again given half a chance. and America has done the same

All this while we have people who could use much attention right here. right, like who? what attention is being diverted?  
    Why can't we just take care of us? because we live in the WORLD not a bubble...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:25 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I DO wish we could just pool all of our resources for a few years, and get our country out of crisis. I mean, on a smaller scale, DH and I had to cut all spending to pay off our debt and put money into savings. The U.S. Govt. should do the same. When we, as a country, get back on our feet, THEN we should revisit the idea of solving the entire world's problems.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I'm not saying that I disagree, but the reason I suppose is because whoever is in charge at that particular time finds it more beneficial to do so as opposed to not. It' all a game, a BIG game, and sometimes the motives aren't what they appear to be.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:43 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• It would be a good thing if you can tell the good guys from the bad guys....don't lump everyone into the same category and whine about how we all have to "kiss their feet" and love everyone. Be good to the actual good people who deserve it...and those people are not necessarily Americans only. Just try to be less stereotypical.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 24, 2010