So, this may be tmi.... adult content

Has anyone else had recurring yeast infections? I'm on my 5th one since getting pregnant, and I'm 18 weeks. Every time my doctor just says "meh, part of pregnancy." Any hints or suggestions?

Thanks y'all!

mrsangelone

Asked by mrsangelone at 8:49 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That along with UTI's are very common during pregnancy! It stinks but thankfully with all my pregnancies I only had 1 yeast infection and I only had 1 UTI with my first!! I would avoid baths..
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:53 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think that recurring yeast infections are normal during pregnancy for women who have had yeast infections. I've never had them, and I never had them during pregnancy either.
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 8:53 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• With my last pregnancy, I had about 3. And at least 1 with all the others. Much higher ratio than when I'm not pregnant. I suggest yogurt to keep them at bay.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:09 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yes, it is common. Try and stay away from as much breads and p and milk you can also try one yogurt cup a day.getting toilet clean fresh wipes (just like baby wipes) and clean after every bathroom trip. Change soaps you use, only shower and try didn't underwear.
    Ajmomof4

Answer by Ajmomof4 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• wear cotton panties and, if you can, when u sleep dont wear any panties. there are special wipes that help with the itching and burning. there are also RX's your OB can prescribe. I hope it gets better for you!!! (PS, dont itch it, it will only make it worse, hurt more and spread the bacteria)
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I never get them but i agree with wearing cotton, don't take bubble baths, go pee after you have sex (that's for UTIs), and yogurt
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:33 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Keep it clean down there shower twice a day if you have to.
    Use Vaginal wipes if you need to.
    Use a sits bath that can help.
    Everything else some of these ladies are saying is true to.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 10:50 AM on Aug. 24, 2010