South beach diet friendly recipes? Esp. Desserts!

My friend was put on the south beach diet by her doctor. We usually have group game nights every weekend, where one of us brings snack, one of us makes dinner, and one of us brings or makes dessert. We've been avoiding dessert for a while now, because she can't have it, and it's her weakness. But she said soon, she'll be able to add things, and that's when we can try diet friendly desserts. Anyway, I thought I'd ask if any of you ladies who are on or have been on the South beach diet have any diet friendly recipes, esp. for desserts, that you know are good to share with me? Thanks!

Eviesmommy

Asked by Eviesmommy at 9:06 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• There's no reason for her to skip desserts, even in Phase 1.

Pumpkin Spice Ricotta Cream

Pumpkin pie

Peanut butter cup

Strawberry-blueberry crunch (phase 2)

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:37 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• michiganmom116

• I've been on the SBD for years. Lost 33 pounds the first month......You can get recipes on line...or buy their book. It includes dessert recipes. I think this is a great diet and you sure get plenty to eat, more than I want.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 9:17 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Thanks, Michiganmom! I'm going to bookmark these, and pass them on to her!
    Eviesmommy

Comment by Eviesmommy (original poster) at 9:41 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Also simple desserts: diet jello in phase 1, and diet jello pudding in phase 2. I have a simple custard recipe I'll share as well.

As for appetizers, veggie platters, celery with cream cheese, deviled eggs with light mayo, and I have a couple of recipes I'll need to look up as well.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:57 AM on Aug. 24, 2010