80's fashion....

It seems to have died down a bit here, but I swear, everywhere I looked this summer, I was seeing clothes that looked like they jumped right out of the 80's. There was a reason this stuff went out of style, why is it coming back? Am I the only one who thinks like this? There's got to be more of you out there, lol.

Eviesmommy

Asked by Eviesmommy at 9:10 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I think this 80's trend is effin' stupid.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yeah I saw alot of it....my sister was big in it...Talking about how awesome the 80's were....stop it! You weren't even alive in the 80's and you look like crap. lol
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:14 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• What’s there not to like about the polyester look. ...he he...

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I was an 80's child and loved seeing some of the styles come back with a little twist.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:12 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I was an 80's child too, and some of the styles are cute. But others, it's like...why?!
    Eviesmommy

Comment by Eviesmommy (original poster) at 9:13 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think fashion generally cycles about every 20-30 years. So it was time for an 80's-inspired fashion trend to take place. In another 10 or 15 years, there will probably be a resurgence of the 90's grunge style, just updated. I thought a lot of the 80's stuff was pretty cute, but OMG, when I saw an ad with tweens wearing legwarmers...wow, that was a bit too much. I had some AWESOME legwarmers when I was a kid though :)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:13 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I only wish the BIG hair would have come back. I know most people are ashamed of having big hair back then, but I loved it and I'm really getting sick of seeing all the teen girls with the stick straight, boring hair... liven it up a bit! Use your imagination and some aquanet for pete's sake!

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:17 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yep, I remember the 80's and it's definitely back, with a twist.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:19 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• The legwarmers are cracking me up, I loved rockin them when I was a teenager though!! I don't mind a lot of the styles, most have been updated and look better than they did the first time around.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:31 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• haven't seen it so much down here in alabama haha
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:53 AM on Aug. 24, 2010