Is it worth it to file sexual harrassment charges without any real proof at all?

just my my word vs his?

I'm the only female amongst male workers. Boss is an old timer from the old world where smacking a girl's butt was a compliment I guess, but he does it when no one's around and I don't think I have enough proof to really stand on here. I have told him to knock it off but he told me "your ass is too nice to resist grabbing". Advice?

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 9:13 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• It is not ok for that man to do that and you would be suprised when and if you filed a complaint/case... i worked in human resources for a construction company.. with the new laws most companies have to comply with the rules..you would be amazed by what your word against his gets you. here are a couple links, if i were you i would check into... never hurts to try ;) and doesn't hurt to take a stand for yourself! Very best of luck to you!

http://www.sexualharassmentsupport.org/SHworkplace.html

http://www.dol.gov/compliance/

BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 9:45 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• "Well my ass belongs to my SO so the next time you feel like grabbing it give him a call and let him know"

I said this to a guy and he never touched my ass again. He he knew that my SO is a big guy and would kick his ass for it.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:16 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• oh..the last guy that grabbed my ass (after me telling him "no") he did it again...i grabbed his hand and smacked it twice and said "no no" like he was a baby. I think i embarrassed him so bad he never even looked at me again. haha
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:19 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Honestly speaking, if he is the type of guy to do that, he is also probably the type of guy to lie about it.
    If I were in that position, and I had already told him not to grab me. The next time he did, I would punch him right square in the eye. Yes, he is going to have a black eye, and yes he would have to explain why. Not quite as easy to explain why a woman would randomly walk up and sock her boss in the eye!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:20 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Are there cameras in the building? Could you plant one?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:27 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I'd record him. Just hide a little pocket recorder and when he does it say "Please stop touching my ass!" His response to that on tape plus what you have to say about should be enough for sexual harassment.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:29 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• yes it is...he could change his story around..forget what he said..maybe even fess up if put on the spot
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:16 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Your word is more powerful in this situation than you think. I would call someone and speak to them ASAP. That's just messed up!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:26 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• oh, no..i smacked the hell out of his hands and used a good stern "no"..he got the point.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• just tell him.."if you rub against me one more time or touch my ass i will knock the shit out of you"
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 24, 2010