How do you save money at the grocery store?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Shopping

• coupons,sales papers,and if you don't mind generic things....i actully shop at one store for just meats e.t.c,and the other store for everything!!! i save so much comparing prices! good luck
    kimsboys

Answer by kimsboys at 10:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Watch for the buy 1 get 1 free sales and stock up. Stocking up when there is a sale is the best way to save money. Then hopefully you won't have to pay full price for much of anything. Get your Sun. paper for coupons, you can get them online too. There are a lot of great web sites about saving money and coupon use. One of the best I've found is moneysavingmom.com.
    jackimci

Answer by jackimci at 11:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• coupons, store brand items... and oh yeah, dont take the kiddies!!! lol every mom knows that if you take a kid with you, somehow without you noticing, you end up with extra items in the cart.. :)
    mfialdrdickhaus

Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 12:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I shop at Save a Lot and Aldi's for most of my groceries. Their food is just as good or better than the name brand stuff and it's a lot cheaper!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I usually skinned the chicken myself. It saves a little even though it takes me time to skinned them.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 2:02 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• there are so many ways to save when it comes to grocery shopping. the obvious being coupons, club cards etc. You can also "shop around". You don't have to buy everything from one store just because you are in it. If one store has cereal on sale 2 for 5.00 and the store across the street has them 3 for 6... I'm buying my cereal across the street and only getting 2 saving me a dollar. also you can use your local farmers market. the fruits and veggies are always a tad bit cheaper.. and fresher(imo) there. The Market I go to also sales meat so I know longer buy meat from the grocery store. I get it from the market and I can remove the skin myself from the chicken. They also always have package deals going on where you get a variety of different meats (chicken, pork chops, ground beef etc) for one price and the package usually comes with eggs so that's a plus. so if you can, definitley try your local farmers market.

MrsJacksonWest

Answer by MrsJacksonWest at 9:16 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• (continued from above)

also going back to the grocery store. use the internet. I always go to safeway.com (not sure if theres a safeway where you live) and use the shop by aisle feature. I got thru each aisle and pick what I need. get my total with my club card discount already added and then print it out and head to the store with JUST enough money to purchase whats on my list (this keeps me from splurging in the grocery store). It seems like alot to save a few dollars, but if you are already online what's the difference?? So these are just a few techniques I use. hope they can help
    MrsJacksonWest