How to get steri strips tape residue off?

How can I remove my steri strip tape residue? I had surgery last week. Due to many months of Chemo. My skin is sensitive. My surgery sites are sensitive and in special areas.So far I only removed one area. I have another larger one to remove but I need help. How can I get this residue off? I have red skin there and bruising. So is there any tricks? And Scar creams? Later on I have to have radiation treatment. So if you have any other tricks/secrets I'd love to know! Thank you!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:29 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Health

• Alcohol will usually remove the residue. And Mederma (spelling) works well for scars.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Witch Hazel or if you have one of those wax kits the stuff that comes with it would work and is genital.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I had to have surgery on my wrist and the only way I could get the tape residue off was to take a nice warm shower and before getting out I would soap up the rag and get off as much as I could. It took a while but the warm water helped to soften it up to make it a little easier to scrub off.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 9:35 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Have you tried baby oil? If you don't have that, try lotion and the oils should break apart the adhesive gently.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• time? i know when i had my oldest i had tape residue for the longest time...after like a month i finally got it all off! good luck!
    sunshine86912

Answer by sunshine86912 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 24, 2010