When should i get my Daughters ears pireced

She is 7 months old

MommieKristen

Asked by MommieKristen at 9:37 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got mine when they were 2 and a half and 5 years.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:38 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think putting a hole in a persons body should be a personal choice. It is not your body to punch holes in. In my personal op I would wait until she is old enough to ask. My DD did ask for her 4th bday and I took her.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:39 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• honestly, I waited with my daughter until she was old enough to tell me she wanted them done. I figured it was her body, her choice. She ended up wanting them done and so we got them done for her 3rd birthday. She did great :-) and she was so excited about them. But to each their own. I'm pretty sure they will pierce them as long as they are 2 months old and have their first set of shots.
    sarahbell811

Answer by sarahbell811 at 9:39 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• thirteen

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I had my daughters ears pierced when she was 2 months old almost 3 months. I think at this point you should just wait because she is going to be playing with them all the time since they will be new to her. That's why I think it's better that they get them pierced when they are younger that way they won't play with them once they get a little older. I never had a problem with my daughter playing with her earrings or any type of infection either.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:44 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I did my dd after she received her 2 month shots. Honestly, if my mother didn't do it when I was a babay I would have never got them done, because I'm too scared of needles and things like that, lol. Thant's why I did hers so young. They lady who did it said she likes it better when they're little because they don't move as much so there's less chance of them coming out uneven. Also my goddaughter had hers done the same day, she was 6 months, she did move and they came out uneven and had to return after the hole closed to re do it. You should do it when you feel it's best.GL!!!
    sheli2007

Answer by sheli2007 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• 6 years old
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 9:45 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I'm waiting until she's old enough to take care of them herself. So around 9 or 10, somewhere around there.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Wow very different answeres than I expected to see.... My daughter was 6 months old
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:50 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• We had DD's pierced just a couple of months ago...when she turned 5. She asked to have it done right after she turned 4, so for almost a year, we would explain to her, all of the *details* of having her ears pierced (pain, cleaning, turning). She told us she was ready right before she turned 5 and so we had them done for her 5th birthday. She cried for a second, but not any longer...she was too excited to see her pretty new earrings.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 9:51 AM on Aug. 24, 2010