Does Norway have good morals and values?

Norway Oil Fund Drops Two Israeli Firms

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/articles/34/Norway-Oil-Fund-Drops-Two-Israeli-Firms.html

Norways 450 billion euro oil-riches fund has excluded two Israeli firms involved in developing settlements, ...
The Council on Ethics emphasizes that the construction of settlements in occupied areas is a violation of the Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War, it said.
Several United Nations Security Council resolutions and an International Court of Justice advisory opinion have concluded that the construction of Israeli settlements in occupied Palestinian territory is prohibited under this Convention,Finance Minister Sigbjoern Johnsen said in the statement.

momentofpeace

Asked by momentofpeace at 9:39 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's hard to say a country as a whole has "morals." But since their current Government is following the Geneva Convention, I will say that at least the current Government values the accurate interpretation of it. I think they are right to do this.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I agree with Stacy. You can't say that the country has good morals or not, however you can feel confident that they will be following good International Law.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:21 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think that they did something that any country subscribing to the Geneva Convention would do.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:45 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I do believe walking into crowded areas with your body loaded with explosives is against the Geneva Convention as well.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:25 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• What do you mean carpy? I don't recall hearing this about Norway. Do you have a link?
    momentofpeace

Comment by momentofpeace (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think Carpy is referring to HAMAAS and other palestinian liberation groups that use terrorism to try to get there way.
    truthrowan

Answer by truthrowan at 1:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• That is not answering the question Carpy. You get a failing grade for that .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:39 AM on Aug. 25, 2010