I have one more question regarding my mom in-law. Thank you so much!

Thank you moms - all very helpful. I am Mexican and my mother-in law use to send me mean spirited emails about Mexicans. I put a stop to that. Now she is telling my in laws that I am sensitive about being Mexican. She got very mad at my husband (her son) that he told me she was telling people this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, she got a taste of her own medicine, good for you!

Answer by older at 9:45 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Hard-Hearted MIL
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 9:46 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• She got very mad at my husband (her son) that he told me she was telling people this......................

maybe she should look into her heart to see why she thinks comments about someones race is acceptable in her mind, if you can not have someone repeat what you have said, don't say it

it is like what i tell the kids...not everything that comes to your mind has to come of your mouth
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:46 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Ugh. I wouldn't show her that her mean comments get to you. Let her be ignorant, and be proud of your heritage. She sounds like a bully, and bullies get off on knowing that they made someone else upset.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• good, she needs to realize her son is loyal to his wife and not her little boy or her personal spy or something.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:50 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i had the same issue with my sil. she would be overly friendly - insisting that i hug her - etc... then go talk badly about me behind my back... once to dh... who immediately told me and i had to call her out on her fakeness... now she is mad at dh. kinda funny when EVERYONE but my sil can clearly see that she did something wrong and is just trying to pass the blame. dont worry about her. small minded ppl are everywhere and they willl get you down if you let them.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:54 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Geez, what happens to women when they become MIL. Is there a course on meanness!? I have my own mil to deal with so I know it can be bad. Sorry she is ignorant!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:56 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• childish. Just ignore that nonsense and just remember that she is a very ignorant. She will learn not to mess with you anymore.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:01 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Maybe the people she is telling thinks she is an IDIOT for even bringing it up.
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 10:06 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• she's mean but it sounds like you've got a good man :)
    just ignore that woman
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2010