Leave it to a DH.....

I just got a call at work from my DH...to inform me that my 2-year old son decided to decorate himself with a Sharpie he found while Daddy was sleeping. Any tips on how to get it off him? I haven't seen him yet but it's on his legs, arms and feet...

AidensMommy608

Asked by AidensMommy608 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lots of soap my boys get ahold of them every once in a while its a pain in the butt
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:08 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• a bath, then another bath and still another
    if it was a permanant marker
    if not permanant then one bath will do it

lol-has happened here
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:10 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I am reading that hand sanitizer works as well as nail polish remover. Another place says soap and hot water.

Answer by Bmat at 10:10 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Beleive it or not, Use baby wipes with vegetable oil. It really does get it off without harsh scrubbing.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Been there! My girl wrote her name on her butt (very well too!), colored "hair" on her front and pits, drew hearts on her belly, and painted her feet. It takes a while to get it off. It took us a week of daily baths scrubbing with soap and water. We found using dawn dish soap on the not so sensitive parts worked great. It only took two or three swipes to get it off. Good luck, and remember to take pictures before you clean him. That first girlfriend he brings home will get a kick out of them!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Honestly, with my son just soap and water and some scrubbing worked as well as anything I tried.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• There is an all natural citrus cleaner that I have found at Wal-Mart called De-Solv it. It gets off permanent marker, sticker residue and adhesive. I've never used it on a kid before, though, but it's all natural, so i don't think it could hurt.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 10:15 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• ok sorry but I have to laugh! Leave it to a daddy!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Sounds too simple but baby wipes really do work. It wont take it all the way off, that will take time and baths, but they will take off most of it gently.
    BusyBee908

Answer by BusyBee908 at 8:04 PM on Aug. 24, 2010