i am a wokring mother f 6months old son. I will quit the job after october coz want to give all my tiem to my son to look after him. but i m also concerned about myself. how should i live my life to be busy and not to be like a typical house wife.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Are you looking for a craft or hobby to keep you busy while you are home full time? Quilting knitting photography photoshop scrapbooking all have groups here on Cafemom. You have to look inside your personality and figure out what you would enjoy and what would work around your son. You might want to avoid pins on the floor, things that make a bunch of noise which he is sleeping, that kind of thing. You might want to pick something he can help with later. Lots of moms and kids bake together. TBW the typical housewife does these things. Not everybody is glued to soap operas

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• BTW (by the way) not TBW sorry
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:45 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• That all depends on what you see as a 'typical housewife,' if such a thing can even be defined. My suggestion would be to join a local PTA, library group, or something where other stay-at-home-moms are involved. Make some friends and set up some play dates. Go places. Take your baby for walks, go play at the park. Rent family movies and watch them together. Play toys on the floor. Take day trips, visit family, visit a petting zoo. There is tons of stuff you can do to keep busy. And even on lazy days, cook and clean. If you're going to be home anyways, there is nothing wrong with that. If you're choosing to be a housewife, then in some ways you are going to be 'typical.' There's no way around it. Just make the best of it and enjoy the special time you will be sharing with your son.
    briezysmommy

Answer by briezysmommy at 12:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Would you like a little business you can do from home? I have two ideas. AVON and/or Initials, Inc. You can check them out: www.youravon.com/swright3261 and www.initials-inc.com. Contact me if you have any questions!! Good luck!
    shannonsavon

Answer by shannonsavon at 8:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• If you're quitting to give all of your time to your son, then I hate to break it to you, but you'll be a typical house wife.

Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 10:03 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• What's wrong with a typical housewife? I have viewed as one of the times in my life when I have been the best person I could be/ I work at the PTA, run a girl scout troop, take care of my kids and husband, and create a home. It has been so rewarding. For once in my life I an not a taker, or self-centered. I am giving to my community and the future generation. It makes me feel like this is what I should be doing. Not just another person, taking up space in the world but actually contributing to something larger than myself. I feel full of worth. And I am teachng my kids how to contribute to the world as well and not just take from it. They come along on charity work, volunteering, etc...Aren't these the values we want our kids to have?
    Traleelai

Answer by Traleelai at 10:11 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• One last thing - Communities all across this country are run by an army of moms who come together to create the enviroment, events and towns that raise our children. Be proud to serve!!
    Traleelai

Answer by Traleelai at 10:14 AM on Oct. 12, 2008