Need a new way to cook chicken breast

I decided to make chicken for dinner but I am so tired of doing the same things, either shake-n-bake, marinade or grill. Simple stuff, I want to try something different, any suggestions?

Mystyk_moon

Asked by Mystyk_moon at 10:37 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Bake it and put it in a pot with some chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and a couple cans of biscuits. Add some garlic and parsley. Very yummy chicken and dumplings.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I've done Chicken Francaise recently which is very easy to do and tastes great. It's only white wine, lemon and butter. You cook the chicken first in bread crumbs,(I like Italian seasoned bread crumbs) and then add at least 1/2 a stick of butter in the pan to create the sauce. Cut up a lemon and use about 1/2 of it and squeeze that into the butter mixture. Additionally you will add the white wine to the pan. I don't go overboard or anything because that doesn't make it taste better. I/4 cup or so will suffice or enough that you can coat all the pieces of chicken in the sauce. Additionally if I want to make it a little sweeter I add some basil and salt to taste. You need to let it cook but not too long as the butter sauce will evaporate andthe chicken will be dry.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Chicken marisoulle is great too...

White wine, mushrooms, and chicken breasts... brown the chicken, and remove from frying pan, add in white wine and mushrooms til liquid is brown like a gravy, add back in the chicken and simmer. Serve with pasta or stuffing.
    tigg01969

Answer by tigg01969 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I love mine baked with Bar-B-Que Sauce. Then when they are done, cut it into strips, and wrap it in a flour tortilla with cheese, ranch dressing, lettuce & tomatoes! Yummy!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:51 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Lovin' these ideas!! Keep 'em coming, I'm gonna have the kids and dh vote on which one to try later!!
    Mystyk_moon

Comment by Mystyk_moon (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Chicken Cordon Bleu(spelling)
    chicken fajitas
    We also like to cut up some cooked chicken, put it in a pita with cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce or spinach, shredded cheese and a little bit of caesar dressing.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Wow, Kiwismommy19 . That sounds really good. You put the biscuits right in the liquid? I have to try that!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:08 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Poach your chicken in broth, shred and add to quesadillas. You can also mix shredded chicken with green chili enchilada sauce, cream cheese, a little cream of mushroom and some green chili's to make an awesome chicken enchilada filling.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:37 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• put in the crock with a little water, half a packet of good seasons (or if you have the general herbs that are in it just add those) and a couple tbsp of butter, a crushed clove of garlic and some chopped onion, celery, and mushroom. cook on low for 4-6 hours. then add a brick of cream cheese (cubed) and a can of cream of mushroom. cook on high for about 30 min-hour. stir until smooth and serve over egg noodles.
    faerie75

Answer by faerie75 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• We used to cut them open, stuff them with bleu cheese, or Parmesan, and bread them then bake em. it was always good. we'd either make a marinara sauce or do alfredo with asparagus.
    Mortiferouslatt

Answer by Mortiferouslatt at 12:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2010