Anyone with a positive pregnancy story after ectopic pregnancy? adult content

I had an ectopic pregnancy last August, only found out by chance as I didnt feel right, had a laparoscopy and then methotrexate a week later. I was told not to get pregnant for 3 months so officially started again just after Christmas 2009. I still have both my tubes and are onto our 9th month of trying now and wondered if anyone had an success stories to keep my hopes up :)

mum-to-a-cutie

Asked by mum-to-a-cutie at 10:47 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have had two children after an eptopic but I had it when I was 16 and had my first child when I was 18!! Don't give up it will happen!! Best of luck to you!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 10:50 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Thank you hun xxx
    mum-to-a-cutie

Comment by mum-to-a-cutie (original poster) at 10:51 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I had one that destroyed my right tube. To complicate things, my left ovary was almost gone due to endometreosis. I have three amazing kids now :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:56 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I also have 2 more sons after an ectopic pregnancy, and I only have one tube and ovary. I just read an article that said that the chances of getting pregnant with one ovary were pretty much the same is with two. Our system is redundant, and every month both sides prepare an egg, it's a matter of which egg gets released first. I was so excited by what I read, it went against most of what I've heard over the years..... here's the site- http://www.bobrow.net/kimberly/birth/AmazingCycle.html

Good luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:56 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I had an ectopic June of '09. Then my luteal phase was super short and I was sure I couldn't become pregnant :( Well, surprise, surprise, I did lol. I was really scared about ectopic again and I was scared about a miscarriage. But my pregnancy was totally, 100% healthy. I have a 2 week old son now to show for it, born at home like I wanted at 9 pounds and 14 ounces! Big, healthy boy!

I suggest getting the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and charting your cycles. It could give you some important insight into what's going on in your body.

Good luck, mamma! It will happen for you!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I have a friend who is about to celebrate her sons first birthday. She'd had at least two ectopic pregnancies that I know of, and now she has a beautiful, healthy little boy.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 11:21 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I was pregnant with twins in Jan 2009. They were both ectopic- one was in the tube and one was next to it. I was treated with metotrexate. I waited 6 months before trying and got pregnant on my 2nd cycle. I now have a healthy 6 month old. Dont give up, some people lose their tubes- you are lucky enough to have yours. it will happen if it already hasnt
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2010